President – Josie Johnson (0428 574 841) Secretary – A. J. Santiago
The regular YADMA monthly meeting was held on Tuesday 13th March. Since the last meeting which was our AGM the positions of – Secretary and Assistant Secretary were filled. Anthony J. Santiago is now the Secretary and Gaylene Cantrell Bourne is the Assistant Secretary. Some of the activities YADMA have been involved in since the last meeting were
– Working with Young Guides, where they were educated and entertained by Philippine members who explained their language, culture and customs as well as providing (very tasty) food!
– The YADMA Harmony Day which was held on the 3rd March in Carrington Park. This was a great success – all attendees enjoyed the fabulous food, great games/activities, superb weather and excellent photos provided by the Young Witness.
Other business was discussed at the meeting about upcoming events – they were the
– Premier’s Harmony Gala Dinner on 21st March in Sydney
– Hilltops’s Lambing Flat Festival
– It is proposed that the YADMA will become affiliated with the Australian Philippine Cultural Organisation (Sydney), as they support YADMA by attending/participating in activities.
– A foreshadowed request for YADMA to visit the retirement village was advised; dates were discussed and to be formalised with management.
The next meeting was confirmed as the 10th April, starting 2pm in Town Hall.