Boorowa Celebrates Australia Day
Citizens of the year, Alan and Sina Banks.
Great ceremonies were held across the Hilltops region to celebrate Australia Day and recognise the achievements of some very worthy Hilltops residents on Friday, January 26.
In the community-focused town of Boorowa, many residents gathered to celebrate the town’s great people.
The celebrations were made even more fun by a hearty breakfast prepared by the Lions Club, scones from Boorowa CWA and the Rotary Club’s legendary duck race supported by the local RFS.
The focus of the day was to celebrate the volunteers who work every day to make Boorowa a better place to live. There was much to celebrate in the Boorowa region this year.
Perhaps one of Rovers’ greatest achievements was breaking a 40-year grand final drought against Crookwell. Boorowa Rovers men’s team further enhanced their reputation by winning the Sports Team of the Year title.
The award winners were as follows:
- Lions/Apex Boorowa Citizen of the Year - Alan and Sina Banks;
- The Len and Joan Oxley Memorial Award - Greta Campbell;
- Rotary Young Achiever of the Year - Paris Corcoran;
- Boorowa Community Landcare Awards - Nick and Pen Gay and Ingrid Corcoran;
- Senior Sportsperson of the Year - Mark Poplin;
- Junior Sportsperson of the Year (18 years ande under) - Eliza Taylor and Isabella Piper;
- Junior Sportsperson of the Year (12 years and under) - Amali Bush;
- Sporting Team of the Year - Boorowa Rovers Men’s Team;
- Club Person of the Year - Martin Corcoran; and
- Community Awards - Laurie Poole, Elizabeth Mason and Derrick Mason.
Congratulations to all the winners.
The Boorowa community is very fortunate to be made up of so many thoughtful and wonderful people.
Get in Contact
Hilltops News to your inbox
Sign up now for the latest news from the Hilltops Area direct to your inbox.