Young Hospital Auxiliary Open Gardens Are This Weekend
IMAGE: Tumbleton Garden is just one of the beautiful gardens open this weekend to raise funds for the Young Hospital Auxiliary.
President of the Young Hospital Auxiliary, Janice Ward indicated that plans were well underway for the 2023 Young Hospital Auxiliary open gardens day on Sunday, November 5.
Five generous gardeners in Young and surrounding areas have offered the Hospital Auxiliary, as part of fund-raising efforts, access to their beautiful gardens.
Mrs Ward said the Auxiliary was grateful to the owners of the gardens for allowing access to visitors to inspect their gardens.
“Along with other activities such as the annual high tea, the open gardens day is a major fundraising event for the Auxiliary,” Mrs Ward said.
The five gardens include:
- Pat and Nigel Willett, 5 Samuel Court, Young;
- Rohine and Sumane Iyer, 62 Cherry Vale Place, Young (from Young take Cowra Road, left into Old Monteagle Road);
- Tracy and Bruce Wilkinson, “Tumbleton”, 402 Bibaringa Road, Wombat (2km past Wombat on Olympic Highway, left at Cemetary);
- Helen and Peter Hamblin, 669 Back Creek Road, Young; and
- Dorothy and Rob Nash, 13 Jake Millar Place, Young.
Visitors are asked to pay a $5 entry fee at each garden.
A lunch box and tea and coffee will be available for $10 at “Tumbleton” and a plant stall will be operating at Helen and Peter Hamblin’s garden.
Direct all enquiries to Janice Ward on 0419 494 926 or Lyn Freudenstein at 0422 604 132 and the Young Visitor Information Centre located at the Railway Station at 1800 628 233.
Get in Contact
Hilltops News to your inbox
Sign up now for the latest news from the Hilltops Area direct to your inbox.