Stay Home, Stay Safe
Western NSW Local Health District numbers have been released for the region and although there are no cases in the Hilltops area, we all need to be on high alert.
While the Hilltops is not a local government area of concern, there are rising case numbers in Western NSW and the ACT.
NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian has advised country residents to imagine there are people about town with the disease.
The three major causes of increasing case numbers are households, visiting other households and busy workplaces.
Hilltops Mayor Brian Ingram said the building pressure had been noted throughout the community.
“While Council were not necessarily expecting a lockdown, I think it was something that was in the back of everyone’s mind. We had been closely watching the increase in case numbers and locations across NSW and the ACT and could see that the situation was far from ideal. We remain supportive of any decision made to protect our community,” he said.
“I think we can all now see just how real the threat of exposure in any area is and this is the best way we can protect ourselves and our community.”
Cootamundra MP Steph Cooke and Goulburn MP Wendy Tuckerman were in contact shortly before the announcement was made, to allow for Council’s plans of action to be put in place.
The Executive held a meeting and the COVID-19 Business Continuity Plan was enacted. This will cover the next steps Council will take should the lockdown be extended.
“Our priority is keeping our staff and community safe and we will take all necessary steps to do this and follow all advice from NSW Health,” Councillor Ingram said.
Customer Service Offices, Libraries and Visitor Information Centres will remain closed for the duration of the lockdown period and in accordance with advice from NSW Health.
Stay At Home orders were imposed on all of regional NSW from 5pm on Saturday 14 August, and extend to 12.01am on Sunday 22 August.
Hilltops News to your inbox
Sign up now for the latest news from the Hilltops Area direct to your inbox.